Looking to sell your home quickly in the Fort Leonard Wood area – and for top dollar? Team Ellis thinks it might be time to make some updates. While “retro chic” details have had a recent moment in the spotlight regarding furniture and fashion, many home buyers may not see truly outdated details as attractive selling points when purchasing a new home. As a seller, it can be greatly beneficial for you to make changes that will help you to receive the best offer possible. In the latest Own It video, top interior designer and former HGTV host Carriann Johnson shares the 411 on how to ditch your home’s metaphorical 80’s hair and shoulder pads and bring it to its full selling potential.
Some items that date your home:
- Popcorn ceilings: Update these to a smooth textured surface.
- Tiled countertops: Still cleaning out grout on your kitchen counter? Update tiled countertops to a sleek, easy to clean surface (such as granite or quartz).
- Brass fixtures: Today, many home buyers prefer fixtures to feature more neutral shades, like gray or black.
Other tips and tricks:
- Low budget? Don’t stress: Even small changes, such as updated cabinet hardware or light fixtures, can make a big impact.
- Get a second opinion: Sometimes it’s difficult to pinpoint what changes need to be made in a home. Ask a friend or your real estate agent for advice on what updates you can make.
- Find inspiration: Check out TEAM ELLIS Pinterest boards to find some fresh ideas for your home.
All updated and ready to sell? Call Team Ellis today!!!